"A Valentine Written In Stone"
INTRODUCING THE TEN COMMANDMENTS
Dr. Rick Bartosik
Mililani Community Church
March 9, 2003
If you could rate your life on a scale of 1 to 10 what rating would you give it? What would it take to make sure your life was a "perfect ten"?
- Gods desire for your life (John 10:10)
- Gods strategy for living life as a "perfect ten" (Matt. 22:37-40)
The Ten Commandments are one of the most powerful expressions of Gods love in all of Scripture a tender love letter inscribed by the very finger of God (Ex. 31:18).
CONTEXT OF THE TEN COMMANDMENTS
The rightful setting of the Ten Commandments is the boundless, faithful love of the living God for His people. God gave Moses specific instructions about what to say to the people BEFORE presenting the Ten Commandments (Ex. 19:3-6).
- They were SLAVES, trapped in bondage in Egypt
- God heard their cries, saw their tears, and REDEEMED them out of slavery! (Deut. 15:15)
- They are now His TREASURED POSSESSION (Deut. 7:6).
- "I bore you on eagles wings and brought you to Myself"
PURPOSE OF THE TEN COMMANDMENTS
God gave us His Word and specifically the Ten Commandments out of a heart of love, not to harm us but to prosper us, to protect us, to keep us from destruction, as we respond to Him and walk with Him (Jeremiah 29:11)
HOW SHOULD WE RESPOND TO THE TEN COMMANDMENTS?
- Our obedience to the commands of God is what marks us as a REDEEMED COMMUNITY of Gods dearly loved people, who belong to Him and to one another.
- His commands help us to know how to love God more effectively (Psalm 1)
Copyright © 1999-2006 Rick Bartosik
Ten Commandment Series
To view in web page format, please click on the "Web Version" link. If you would like to download the file please click on the "Acrobat (PDF) Version."
To view Adobe Acrobat files (PDF Version), you will need Adobe's Free Acrobat Reader.
The Acrobat Reader can be downloaded by clicking here.
Church Office: 95-801 Kipapa Drive, Room 2, Mililani, Hawaii 96789-3737
Services: Mililani Waena Elementary School Cafeteria
Pastor: Dr. Rick Bartosik
Web Site Comments or Questions?
Copyright © 1999-2007Mililani Community Church
D e s i g n e d
P o w e r e d
Mililani Community Church is a growing congregation of the Evangelical Free Church of America. Proclaiming the good news of Jesus Christ in Hawaii and around the world. Feel free to call us at 808-625-6205 or visit our web site. Pastor Rick Bartosik.
mililani churches,hawaii churches,churches in hawaii,church in hawaii, mililani community church,hawaii,mililani,community of mililani,oahu churches,evangelical free church of america,efca churches in hawaii,efca churches,christian churches,evangelical churches,sermons,sermon,bible, bible teaching,jesus christ